Friday, October 28, 2016
East Central High School
East Central welcomed the Wildcats of Franklin County to Trojan field for round 2 of Indiana sectionals. After a slow first quarter that resulted in an EC 3 point score, both offenses exploded in the second quarter. East Central’s passing game with the Maxwell to Messmore express put 14 points on the scoreboard. Franklin County kept the game honest with two scores of their own, one in the air and one one the ground.
After a nearly scoreless 3rd quarter, EC’s Logan Storie finds the end-zone with 16 seconds left. The Wildcats were not done playing however as they mounted a 15 play 70 yard drive to add 8 points to the scoreboard. The Trojans have the last word though as they capitalize on an interception. On the first play Logan Storie breaks down the field following the textbook blocking of Garren Messmore, carrying the ball 81 yards to a final touchdown. The Trojans win the game 30-20!
The Trojans travel to Seymour November 4th for the sectional title game.
– Nick Stidham 28 yard field goal attempt is good.
– Johnathan Hagerty QB Keeper 2 yards for touchdown. Extra point blocked by Dillon Watkins.
– Alex Maxwell passes to Garren Messmore for a 16 yard touchdown. Nick Stidham extra point is good.
– Alex Maxwell passes to Garren Messmore for a 40 yard touchdown. Nick Stidham extra point is good.
– Johnathan Hagerty passes to Alex Ripperger for a 28 yard touchdown. 2 point conversion attempt no good.
– Logan Storie carries 16 yards for a touchdown. Extra point attempt is no good.
– Johnathan Hagerty carries 1 yards QB keeper for touchdown. 2 point conversion pass to Alex Ripperger is good.
– Logan Storie carries 81 yards for touchdown. Nick Stidham extra point is good.